Per Governor Walz’s Executive Order 20-81, face coverings are required.
June 12, 2020 For Immediate Release:
Following the new safety measures outlined by Governor Walz, the Lyon County Museum, 301 W Lyon St, Marshall will reopen on Monday, June 29. We want to thank you for your unwavering support the past few months.
- The museum hours have changed. The museum will be open 11:00 AM-4:00 PM Monday-Friday, 12:00 PM-4:00 PM on Saturday, and closed on Sunday.
- We will be wearing masks and we encourage you to wear a mask as well. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- We ask all visitors to check in at the front desk. To ensure proper social distancing, please limit your group size to 6 or less for the exhibit galleries and 2 or less for the genealogy/research center. For the genealogy/research center, we ask that you make an appointment first.
- The ice cream shop will be open. However, at this time, we will only be selling Schwan’s ice cream novelties, water, and pop.
- The gift shop will be open. We ask visitors to not touch items, unless there is intention to purchase.
- For donations, we ask you to call first to discuss offered artifacts for the museum’s collection. When donations are determined appropriate for adding to the museum’s collection, an appointment will be made for drop off and instructions. We will continue to offer curbside pickup for donations if you choose at the time of the appointment.
- We will be learning the “new normal” along with you…so please be patient with us as we do. You belong here and we can’t wait to see you!
Not a member yet? Visit the Gift Shop page on the website. Memberships can be purchased online or checks can be mailed to LCHS, 301 W Lyon St, Marshall, MN 56258. Memberships fully support exhibits, preservation, and programs at the Lyon County Museum.
Not quite ready to visit? We recognize that many may prefer to remain away from public spaces. We will continue to serve you through email and phone requests and through history content online. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube or visit our website.
For more information and for setting up a research or donations appointment, you may call us at 507-537-6580 or contact us on the website.